WHAT DRIVES YOU
IS WHAT DRIVES US
Lakewood, WA 98499
- You need to have a CDL-A license
- Hiring immediately
- Competitive Pay
- Day 1 Benefits.
SEE WHAT IT’S LIKE TO DRIVE FOR MCLANE
WHAT’S IN THE JOB
You’ll work side-by-side with a Driver Trainer to learn the essential functions of the job including the accurate and timely distribution of products to various customer locations, getting exposure to warehouse and other operational functions.
WHO YOU’LL WORK FOR
- In this role, you’ll be directly hired by McLane and will enjoy an awesome range of benefits from day one.
- McLane is one of the largest supply chain services leaders in the United States. With 125 years of success, they deliver more than 50,000 consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the country.
PAY: Starting compensation $65,000/year
SIGN-ON BONUS: $5,000
SHIFT: various shifts
LOCATION: 9611 45th Ave SW, Lakewood, WA 98499
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Maneuver tractor into position to attach trailer and handle lines to secure.
- Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Inspect tractor-trailer equipment for defects pre/post trip and submit DOT inspection report indicating condition.
- Operate Driver Delivery Handheld (DDH), document delivery receipts/product temperatures and exceptions.
- Inspect trailer to ensure product is secure for undamaged transport of product.
- Maintain driver log (Manual or PeopleNet) according to DOT regulations, documenting delivery receipt, product temperatures and exceptions.
- Provide customer service including on-time delivery of undamaged product, product returns and issuing valid customer credits.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Have a CDL-A license
- Be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, reach, bend, squat, and stoop to accomplish the essential job functions.
- Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
- Be able to perform mathematical calculations to verify quantities of product.
- Be able to communicate with customers, management, and other teammates.
- Be able to safely drive a tractor-trailer, use a 2-wheeled dolly, ramp, and on board PeopleNet devices.
- Meet eligibility requirements in the McLane Transfer and Promotion Policy.
WE OFFER YOU FROM DAY ONE:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company-paid life insurance.
- Industry-leading 401(k) with annual company match (starts on your 90th day).
- Paid holidays, vacation time, educational assistance program, and more!
WORK SAFE, HOME SAFE.
This is a motto at McLane. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
HOW FAST IS OUR HIRING PROCESS?
Register your interest and you’ll be emailed the same day to answer more questions about you. Questions are quick, simple and you can answer everything from the comfort of your phone or laptop. If it’s a good match, you’ll progress immediately to the next steps.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
JOIN AN INDUSTRY LEADER OF 24,000+ TEAMMATES
This form is considered to be a submission of interest and is NOT a formal application for employment.
WE’LL TAKE YOU AS FAR AS YOU
WANT TO GO
IT GIVES ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO AFFORD NICE THINGS
Casper S. | Delivery Driver
Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with tiered premiums to fit the needs of our teammates and their families.
With our industry-leading 401(k) plan, teammates can receive up to $1.50 per dollar invested
We support your continuing education with up to 100% tuition reimbursement.
Vacation and PTO
Enjoy paid time off and paid holidays based on years of experience.
Life & Disability Insurance
Enjoy peace of mind with company paid Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Free and confidential, short-term counseling services to help teammates facing personal and/or work-related issues.
IT’S A GREAT COMPANY. I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING HERE MANY MORE YEARS
Jamal M. | Delivery Driver